3/2/12

Jesus + nothing = EVERYTHING!


Tonight, this is really ALL I need to know!

If I have JESUS, I have EVERYTHING!

But, it sure is nice to know that I also have my AWESOME friends, my AMAZING family, my BEAUTIFUL girls, my FANTASTIC step-kids & grand-kids that HE has blessed me with . . . helping me through each day!

Let's see . . . there is the friend who sees me sitting alone at the basketball game (about the time I updated my Facebook status to say: "Going places alone is just not as fun as going with Rick :(") . . . and texts me "Hello...u can sit over here if u want"!  So even though I was heading into a full blown pity party, feeling all alone in a gym full of people, I wasn't alone, I had GOD and I had friends!  The other friend who walked with me out of the gym and told me, "Basketball is almost over, when it is, we are taking you out to eat - so be ready for it!".  My brother-in-law who I texted with throughout the game, while they "hunkered down" in their basement as a tornado was bearing down on their town (THANKFULLY they are safe!).  The MANY sweet friends who commented on my ^^ Facebook status, reminding me of their constant love for me!  My SWEET, SILLY girls who had me laughing all the way home (as we crawled through the slush at 35 mph!) . . . 

Tonight, as I settle in, 2 of them are quietly sleeping next to me, the other reading in her room . . . and I am again peaceful.  I am again refreshed.  I am again reminded of the INSANE changes that have taken place in the last (almost) 4 months - yet even in the INSANITY, Jesus has been our EVERYTHING . . . He has provided for us in every way, every day, in each moment.  Sending just what we need, just when we need it - be it food, money, the love of friends, a much needed hug, a shoulder to cry on, or just the reminder that we are not EVER alone!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest . . . you will find rest for your souls"  Matthew 11:28-29

**and can I remind you to VOTE - once every 24 hours - through 3/7/12**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...