3/20/12

showers of BLESSINGS . . .


"I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don't perceive them . . . when  your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts . . . "  Jesus Calling

That's me the last couple of days, I've been stuck on a negative focus and not seeing ALL the blessings that HE is showering on me!

I've been mad.  I've felt betrayed.  I've been confused.  

But God.

But, God has been there.  But God, has been patiently waiting for me to look to Him to ask Him to take my anger away.  But God is waiting for me to realize that all human beings will fail and/or betray me at some point in life.  But God is waiting for me to turn my confusion over to HIM.  So that I CAN perceive all of the BLESSINGS that he LONGS to pour out on me.  But God wants me to CLOSE the umbrella that I have put up, stopping those blessings from pouring out on me!

Another time to CHOOSE.  To CHOOSE if I'm going to base my feelings on man who WILL fail me, or on THE MAN, Jesus Christ who will NEVER fail me.

O.K., God, I get it!  I'm closing the umbrella!  I know that I'll still be disappointed, betrayed, angered, confused, . . . but God, help me to look up and await Your blessings.  So that I can "clear the blockage and find YOU!"  (Jesus Calling) 

"Now the LORD is the SPIRIT and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."  2 Corinthians 3:17

I did manage to get in a a 5 mile bike ride yesterday and a total run of 4.2 miles running tonight (1.6, a 15 minute break) and another 2.6 home (the "long" way!)

Well, Taya is taking Driver's Ed - it runs from 6:00 - 8:00 a.m. . . . LONG days for her and me . . . I have work to catch up on (sometimes I'm a little OVERWHELMED with everything that I have to "do", between work and home life!) so I've been just going in early with her!  Tessa leaves for Grand Rapids on Thursday morning for BPA competitions . . . They are growing up WAY TOO FAST, but I'm loving every minute of seeing the young women God is shaping them into and I'm excited to see WHAT HE has in store for them! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...