1/10/12

I can rest in HIM ♥

I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the  LORD."  Psalm 40:1-3

That's a pretty good promise, He lifted me out of the SLIMY PIT, the MUD and MIRE.  Don't know about you, but I'm a "word picture" girl and the word picture I get of SLIMY PIT is pretty nasty!  But, HE LIFTED me out.  He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand!  Those are some pretty amazing verses to stake my claim on!  

Speaking of "staking my claim on" verses, another devo that I read had several verses today that said, "fill your name in the blank", so, I did . . . 

I am the Lord your God, SHEILA, and I never change.  Malachi 3:6
(even though life throws you the BIGGEST CURVE BALL you could imagine . . . I, Your LORD never change)

I am full of mercy and grace and I overflow with love for you, SHEILA.  Psalm 103.8
(so just imagine the love you have for Rick, for the kids, the love he had for you, for the kids - it DOESN'T even COMPARE to the overflow of MY love for you)

My plan for your future, SHEILA, is filled with hope. Jeremiah 29:11 (one of my FAVORITE verses already!
(there is HOPE in my future - He has a PLAN for my future - and it included this chapter in my life)

I will take hold of your hand, SHEILA, to keep you from falling.  Psalm 37:24
(remember . . . "reaching out")

Cast all your worries on Me, SHEILA, for I really care about you. 1 Peter 5:7
(ALL your worries - not just some, not just the big ones, but ALL of them - for HE cares for ME - even when people fail me, HE is always there, always caring)

I knew you, SHEILA, before you were born and I designed you for My purposes.  Jeremiah 1:5
(He KNEW me - BEFORE I was born - I was designed for HIS purposes . . . how can I do less than trust and follow Him?)

Trust in Me with all your heart, SHEILA, and I will guide you. Proverbs 3:5 & 6
(when the path is DARK and curvy, when there are obstacles in the way, I WILL GUIDE you - one step at a time)

Ah, there is not much more to add to this!!  There is nothing more to add to the promises God has given to us through HIS WORD!  What blessings His Word contains!  What peace His Word contains!  What comfort His Word contains!

So, again tonight, I go to sleep feeling loved, protected, blessed, cared for . . . I can rest in HIM, even when the questions still swirl in my mind.  Even when the LITTLEST things still remind me of the HUGE HOLE in my heart.  Even when I wish for JUST ONE MORE MINUTE.  Even when . . . . I CAN STILL REST IN HIM! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...