1/12/12

...it's the "little" things!

Yep, it's the "little" things!  Things like . . . 

  • The e-mail this morning that said, "I know you too well, I can see you right now  in my mind's eye.  You read this e-mail and while the tears are running down your face you get this smile that says you will be o.k.  Right?  Now, tell me I'm not right!"  And that was EXACTLY the response the e-mail received . . . how wonderful to have friends who know you SO WELL!  :)   (I replied - you are right, you just forgot the part about the phone ringing and me having to answer it trying to sound "normal" in the middle of the tears and the smile!)
  • The text this morning that said, "Thinking of my Rye girls this morning"!
  • The friend of a friend who I don't see very often, but saw today (another of those "first" times).  We talked, hugged, talked some more, laughed a little and hugged again.
  • The plans to go to the movies tomorrow night!  The girls are going to Beauty & the Beast 3D, Donna & I are going to Joyful Noise.  I'm so thankful for her, and for Jim's understanding that tomorrow night, I need Donna.  I KNOW Jim is hurting too, he lost his "brother".
  • Coming home to the card that said "Happy Healing . . . Hope happy, healthy days are on their way to you!"  So true, we are "healing" a little bit each day. It was encouraging to know that someone thought of the "healing" we are going through!
  • Just before logging on here to post, I was "tagged" in a facebook picture - it said, "Sometimes when I say I'm o.k. I want someone to look me in the eyes, hug me tight, and say, I know you are not"!  Now, before you get the idea that this is how everyone should approach me, I will advise you in advance - unless we have "that" kind of relationship, I will NOT respond well to that kind of approach - that's one pretty much reserved for my "core people"! :)  But, from this dear sister, it was the last & best "hug" I needed before bed tonight! :) 
Yep, it's those "little" things, and many more each day! It's the "random acts of kindness" that speak volumes!  Those that come out of the blue . . . another "hug" from above!  Yes, GOD is GOOD in sending these my way!

After my run on the treadmill tonight, I checked in on a CaringBridge site of a dear little girl, Kate McRae, who is battling brain cancer.  I've followed her mom's blog for 2 & 1/2 years .  I actually read many of the updates on this site to Rick over the years as we discussed how VERY hard the journey this family was on must be.  Kate's parents are Christians and tonight, some of the verses they posted were, again, another "hug" from God - a reminder of his constant love and care for all of us!

Psalm 17:13 "They cried to the Lord in their troubles, and He rescued them!

Isaiah 58:8  "Then your light shall break forth like the morning.  Your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you;  the glory of the LORD shall be your rear guard."

Psalm 27:13-14 "I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would have seen the goodness of the Lord, in the land of the living.  Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring.  Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord!"

Psalm 103:1,5  "Praise the LORD, O my soul;  all my inmost being, praise His holy name . . . who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles." 

"Little" things, but put together, they helped today to be a good day.  I'm so thankful that God cares about the "little" things in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...