1/28/12

...the most beautiful thing.... ♥

"Sometimes the most beautiful thing is precisely the one that comes unexpectedly and unearned." - Anna Freud

This is EXACTLY what I woke up to this morning!!  My sweet friend sent me a text message that read, "  Good morning my friend!  Just wanted you to know I'm praying for you on this Saturday.  That you are covered & hugged by the loving arms of our Creator!  Love you & have a great day!"  Before I could respond, she sent me ANOTHER text which read, "I'm such a bonehead**!  I just plowed ahead by TELLING you I was praying for you not ASKING you what YOU need in prayer!  I'm really sorry!  HOW can I pray FOR YOU today?  WHAT is it that you would like me to pray for you in the precious name of Jesus Christ?"  I'm working at being more "transparent", so I answered, "Since you asked, I'll go out of my comfort zone and tell you I'm feeling lonely .... Not desperately, just sad lonesome."  Her next text read, "O.K., I'm going to pray right now.  Lord Jesus, please be with your servant Sheila.  You fulfill our every need & desire.  Your love for us cannot be minimized...but sometimes we just want to be loved and held by our loved ones.  Rick is with you now, so his arms can't hug Sheila...please make your arms real to her...allow her to FEEL You right at this very moment.  And surround her with your glory.  In Your name Jesus, amen."  
**I laughed OUT LOUD at the bonehead comment because though this dear sister and I haven't seen each other face to face in many years, I could HEAR her saying that!! :) 

As if that weren't enough, in BETWEEN those texts, BEFORE she "prayed" for me via text message, ANOTHER friend texted this, "Hi friend.  I am thinking of you all every Saturday like I always do and pray that Jesus holds you a little tighter & closer to Him today.  You are not alone!  Big {{hugs}}"

WOW!  Two friends, two of those who I was referring to last night when I said "I have a few REALLY GOOD friends", two women of God, two women, living in two different cities, two women who DON'T know each other, so they could have NEVER coordinated their texts to me, yet EACH of them reaching out to me through the wonder of technology!  Reminding me that even on Saturday, or maybe {ESPECIALLY} on Saturday, I'm NOT ALONE! ♥  

Those two texts {and more importantly, the ♥LOVE♥ contained in them} came TOTALLY UNEXPECTEDLY!  And I did NOTHING to "earn" them . . . so, they fit the quote above PERECTLY . . . sometimes the most BEAUTIFUL thing is precisely the one that comes unexpectedly and unearned!  Our GOD is SO GOOD!  What a WAY to begin a day, any day, but ESPECIALLY a Saturday! ♥  Thank you, my two dear sisters - I LOVE YOU BOTH DEARLY! ♥

This afternoon, I brought my two "little" girls and the two "grand" girls to school for Cheer Camp (Taya was helping with it) and then I headed to the High School to catch up on a little work and get ready to sell tickets at the basketball game this afternoon.  When Tessa came a little while later, she said, "Mama, you got a package - and I peeked"!  I KNEW what the package was, but hadn't really told the girls, so as she pulled out the items, she thought it was pretty neat!  What arrived today were some "prizes" I won in my SWEET new friend (and already, one of those "REALLY GOOD frineds" who I refer to!) Leah's "Random Acts Of Kindness" blog contest!  In the package we found these things.....

A box of note-cards (in the brightly colored floral box) - I have been making a POINT to remember others, and drop them a note of encouragement . . . these were just PERFECT!!


Two Journals (butterflies & "Love" in the center of the picture) . . . ONE to KEEP, ONE to GIVE AWAY . . . a *R.A.O.K.


Two STARBUCKS gift cards . . . one to keep, one to give away . . . another *R.A.O.K.


And, a "Daily Prayer Organizer" . . . I have been trying to be so much more DELIBERATE about praying for others since Rick's death, this will be a WONDERFUL tool!!


* = RANDON.ACTS.OF.KINDNESS.

So, all in all, this was a WONDERFUL Saturday.  God used 3 dear ladies, from all over the country to BLESS ME beyond measure! 

When My Presence is the focal point of your consciousness, all the pieces of your life fall into place.  As you gaze at Me through the eyes of your heart, you can see the world around you from My perspective.  The fact that I am with you makes every moment of your life meaningful.  Jesus Calling {by Sarah Young}

And the devotional ended with verses from one of MY FAVORITE chapters of the Bible, Psalm 139, this time verses 1-4 . . . just another reminder on a Saturday (as well as EVERY other DAY!) that God IS in CONTROL!

"O Lord, You have searched me and You know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O Lord."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...