12/28/11

t.h.a.n.k.f.u.l.n.e.s.s.

Today, my devo read in part:  "I am your Refuge and Strength, an ever-present Help in trouble.  Therefore, you don't need to be afraid of anything - not even cataclysmic circumstances . . . as you grow closer to Me, I open your eyes to see more and more of My Presence all around you.  . .. like shifting shades of sunlight . . . you have eyes that see and ears that hear, so proclaim My abiding Presence . . ."

So, with that (and since it's late and I'm tired), I'm just going to say tonight, that I'm THANKFUL! :)

Despite the circumstances of "life" right now, I have opened my eyes to see MORE and MORE of HIS Presence, and I do notice the shifting shades of sunlight, along with so many other things!  So, tonight, I'm thankful...

  • I'm thankful for the house that was filled with the girls and their friends and lots of laughter last night and this morning!
  • I'm thankful for a GREAT night's sleep last night!
  • I'm thankful that Luanne is home and recovering well (we got to see her for a little bit this morning at Gramma & Papa Rye's where she is staying!)
  • I'm thankful for my sweet girl who came to me this morning and asked, "Will you be o.k. with all of us gone, Mama?"  (To which I responded quickly and totally honestly, "Yes, I will be FINE, you GO and have FUN!")
  • I'm thankful that as I drove by the cemetery this morning, I could do it without feeling like I was going into a panic.
  • I'm thankful for Lake Lundgren Bible Camp - where the girls are through Friday for WINTERFEST!
  • I'm thankful for the GODLY friends that my girls have made at camp throughout the years - those who they were looking forward to spending this week with!
  • I'm thankful for Mike and Mama Ruth and Sponz . . . and everyone else at camp who loves us, prays for us, and provides this "safe" place for my girls (and all the others who attend camp there!)
  • I'm thankful for family members who are more like "sisters" than cousins - and the love & understanding that they have - no matter WHERE I am at emotionally!
  • I'm thankful for the errands that I needed to do that got done today.
  • I'm thankful for the chiropractor!  My neck and shoulder had been bothering me since Monday - and after a visit to Dr. Dave, I feel MUCH better!
  • I'm thankful for the FUN phone call from my cousin's wife that she had just WON tickets to a concert in Menominee in January (and even more thankful for her friendship, love, and prayers, and that their daughter and my girls became FAST friends this summer at SEEDS at LLBC!)
  • I'm thankful for my BEST FRIEND, Donna, who really is the SISTER I never had - she and Rick are SO MUCH alike that Jim (her husband) and I just have to laugh!!  I was looking through a basket of "stuff" Rick had "saved" and told her to tell Jim that there was a 1/2" piece of 3/4" copper - and I wondered WHY you would save it, Jim said he'd have thrown it away (as I would have), but, Donna responded, "copper is worth money" (must be WHY Rick saved it)!
  • I'm thankful for the basket of "change" that I found when I was looking through that pile of "treasures" that Rick had kept . . . Merry Christmas to me from Rickey!
  • I'm thankful to Bobbi for challenging me to exercise in the new year (ugh, did I really say THAT, now I might have to actually DO it - I asked her if I couldn't just be her Jillian Michaels)!
  • I'm thankful for the years that Rick and I had together, living, loving, learning and laughing most of the time!
  • I'm thankful that I'm assured of Rick's "final resting place" and of my future home in Heaven!
  • I'm thankful for the "quiet" in my house tonight.
  • I'm thankful that the Lord has given me PEACE about being home "alone" while the girls are gone this week - REALLY, for those of you worrying, I AM O.K. with it . . . it's another FIRST, but one that had to come sooner or later - the girls are growing up and I would NEVER want to hold them back from LIVING LIFE!! :) 
  • I'm thankful to all of you who worry about me, but please believe me when I say that I am O.K.  And it's not in my strength that I'm o.k., it's because the LORD is carrying me each and every day, each and every moment.  I'm keeping my eyes on HIM and trusting in HIS plans for my life!
  • I am thankful that "GOD IS OUR REFUGE AND STRENGTH, A VERY PRESENT HELP IN TROUBLE.  THEREFORE WE WILL NOT FEAR WHEN THE EARTH GIVES WAY, THOUGH THE MOUNTAINS BE MOVED INTO THE HEART OF THE SEA, THOUGH ITS WATERS ROAR AND FOAM, THOUGH THE MOUNTAINS TREMBLE AT ITS SWELLING"  Psalm 46:1-3  ♥

1 comment:

  1. I just have to smile when I read this tonight, Sheila! Wonderful words of wisdom that that are given to you from God our Heavenly Father - yes, you are OK! Not only that, but you are LOVED by God our Father, by your family and your friends, near and far. You get worried about because of that love....but we who love you have to let you take some of these journey steps on your own. Just like when we watched our babies begin walking, they had to take those first steps on their own, but we were there to catch them when they landed. You must take some steps on your own - know that many, many are there to help you along - most notably the One Whom you serve and give glory to....Jesus Christ!! Way to go Sheila!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...