12/21/11

.....He will sustain you!

Psalm 55:22  "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you;  He will never permit the righteous to be moved."

This was the Bible verse I awoke to this morning - after the BEST night of sleep I've had in WEEKS!! :)  We were sleeping by 10:00 last night, I woke up around 6:00 a.m. (same as on work days), but fell back to sleep and was SHOCKED to see it was 8:30 a.m.!! :)  It felt WONDERFUL! 

My devo this morning also read in part: My plan for your life is unfolding before you.  Sometimes the road you are traveling seems blocked . . . . Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My Power and Glory perform most brilliantly.  As you persevere along the path I have prepared for you , depending on My strength to sustain you, expect to see miracles, and you will!

The other day, someone asked me, the typical "how are you doing"? (and honestly, I'm getting TIRED of that question - and there is NO RIGHT answer to that question!).  Anyway, I answered that I was doing fine.  "No, how are you REALLY doing"?  I replied that REALLY, I am doing fine.  "Are you LYING to me?" . . . Ah, see, there is NO RIGHT answer! But, thanks to the promise in Psalm 55:22, and MANY others in the Bible, I CAN answer that I am doing o.k.  God is GOOD.  HE is sustaining me (us).  HIS plan for my life is unfolding before me.  Sometimes the road seems blocked (YES!), but do not fear your weakness, for it is than MY POWER and GLORY perform most brilliantly!  Expect to see miracles (in that I can say, each day, YES, I am doing o.k.!).  So, yes, daily, hour by hour, moment by moment, I cast my burden on the Lord.  I give him my sadness, my loneliness, my feelings of inadequacy in raising our 3 girls, my concerns about money, my . . . . . and HE does SUSTAIN me!

Today, we got going slowly, but that was just fine!  The bell-man at the hotel hailed a cab for us, and we were OFF!! (too bad our cabbie didn't speak a WORD of English)!  He could drive though and delivered us safely to the aquarium where we enjoyed a couple of hours looking at all of the exhibits!  We had a very good time!  Taya suggested Rainforest Cafe for lunch and Tessa had never been there, so we jumped in ANOTHER cab and asked him to deliver us there.  This cabbie spoke English very well and it was an enjoyable ride!  After a good lunch, we headed BACK over to Michigan Avenue and the Watertower Shops and the Disney Store and finished up some shopping (I TRIED to shop at the Apple store (iPad) but didn't make any purchases!).  EXHAUSTED {again} we headed back to the hotel and crashed for a couple of hours before heading back out and meeting up with our DEAR FRIENDS Jonny & Christine Cummings and their beautiful kiddos!! They are some of the MOST SPECIAL people in our lives and it did my heart good to see them!  They had brought some of the youth from their church to go ice-skating at Millennium Park but it was too full, so we headed to another skating rink and the girls even rented skates and skated for awhile!  We are now settled back in at the hotel, ready for some rest!

So as this day draws to a close, I am rejoicing in the fact that we have had a wonderful time away!  I'm thankful for travel safety and good weather, I'm so PROUD that I am the mama of these 3 beautiful young ladies and  I'm trusting in God for all my tomorrows, I am "Walking by faith, not by sight"  2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...