2/2/12

...what do you miss...?

"What do you miss the most?"

That's the question I was asked today.  It's interesting that I was asked that because just this morning as I got ready for work, I was thinking about just that thing.   I believe that "what I miss most" will not always be answered the same.  Sometimes it may change moment by moment.  But today, the answer I gave in the afternoon was very similar to my thoughts in the morning.

My answer to the person who posed the question was, "I miss the companionship . . . the familiarity . . . those jokes, those looks, those things that just the 2 of us knew and understood".  I didn't go on to finish that along with that thought, as I pondered that question this morning, I also answered myself with, I miss being someone's 'priority'.  The kids are a VERY important part of my life, and they were of "our" life too, but, we knew that we had to ultimately be each other's earthly priority.  I miss that!

As I mentally prepared this post, I looked over at another blog that I read.  I don't want to steal this other person's post, but PART of it read, "This has been a difficult season, I know.  I have been there for every question, through every tear and each cry of desperation.  I am with you, I go before you..."  The post was entitled, "My Dear Daughter" and it WAS beautiful!  If you want to read the whole thing, you can check it out at A WIDOW'S MIGHT.  Even if you're not a "widow" it is a wonderful affirmation of God's LOVE for us!  And, it was JUST what I needed tonight! 

"Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in HIM, for he shields him {her} all day long and the one the LORD loves rests between His shoulders."  Deuteronomy 33:12


It's not that I'm not full of SO MUCH more to share, but it's been a CRAZY BUSY week and it's not done yet!  Tomorrow is Winter Homecoming.  Tessa & a good friend of hers are Student Body President(s), so they are in charge of the assembly in the afternoon as well as the dance - and I am the Student Council adviser, so I'm pretty busy myself - once we leave home at 7:15 tomorrow morning, we won't be back home until after midnight!!  Taya is also a JV Cheerleader and they have been working on a routine they will perform at half time of the JV game . . . fun times and good memories!  Next week MIGHT be a little slower - hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. I miss being adored. I miss his voice, especially when he'd come home from work and say "hey buddy -hey puppies". I miss knowing he's in our home with me. I miss touching his shoulder when I wake up and reach over to touch him in the night when the house seems so empty. I miss seeing his name pop up on my phone when I hear the text signal. I miss his voice, his laughter, his kindness, his comfort, his love, his smile, his hugs, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...