2/1/18

{i'm not a good "waiter"}


i am not a good "waiter"

i don't like to wait for anything! when i was pregnant, all the books said that baby could safely arrive anytime after 36 weeks, so guess what? my impatience kicked in at 36 weeks & 1 day {and baby #1 was 10 days late - God was really teaching me a lesson!} i don't like waiting for my food when i order it, i don't like waiting for the mail if i'm expecting something, i don't like doing projects like quilting or knitting or cross-stitch that may take weeks or months to complete ... patience is not my virtue!

Lord, give me patience, and give it to me now, please!

i am working on it, and i'm getting some better, but it's still a big challenge to me! just this morning when i mentioned to rick that i've been awake since 3:37 a.m. he said it's because i want instant gratification. i'm waiting on the Lord for a few things, and i'm trying {really hard} to leave it all in His tender, loving hands, but truth be told, yes, that's it, i want to know what the future holds and i want to know it ... yesterday! i'm not necessarily anxious as in worried, just excited to see Him work and move ... but still anxious, and wanting it in my timing, not His!

how very appropriate that i found a calendar with a verse of the day [#votd} for the month of february and this is the verse for today,

"we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 corinthians 5:7

and then my Bible app verse of the day is,

"be still and know that I am God." psalm 46:10

if that wasn't enough, my "Jesus Calling" devotional started out,

"follow Me, one step at a time" and one of the Scripture passages for today? yep, you guessed it, 2 corinthians 5:7

well, then.

Lord, help me to trust in Your way and Your time! help me to follow You and know that all things happen in Your time and for my good and Your glory! help me to be patient as i wait on You and to walk by faith in You! help me to be still and not try to rush on ahead of Your. plans for my life. You have shown me time and time again that Your ways are always better, help me to remember that each day! amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...