7/4/12


Happy Independence Day . . . and with God's grace, and through the truths in His Word, we have survived another FIRST . . . 

"And you will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will make you free."  John 8:32

Home-made ice-cream with fresh peaches!  YUMMY!
We had a good day of relaxing and packing up followed by home-made ice-cream (YUM), steaks on the grill and cheesy potatoes, a pontoon boat ride (with the Lake neighbors) to see the local fireworks, followed by Taya falling IN the lake off the neighbor's dock - but never fear - she fell holding her hand in the air, thus SAVING her call phone!! :)  We then set off lanterns (just like in the movie Tangled), had some MORE ice-cream and are now ready for bed. 

Lanterns . . . just like in TANGLED!
 Tomorrow we head home - and (I'm pretty sure), we all still like each other - even after almost 2 weeks of 24/7 togetherness - we've shared a ROOM the entire vacation as well as many hours in the car!!  God truly did bless us when He allowed us to be the parents of these girls!

JESUS CALLING today . . . "When you worship Me in spirit and truth, you join with choirs of angels who are continually before My throne . . . the greatest blessing is nearness to Me - abundant Joy and Peace in My Presence."

I liked that picture in my mind . . . when I praise/worship God here on earth, I'm joining with the choirs of angels (and Rickey) who are continually before His throne . . . what an amazing thought - we are worshiping together, just in different realms! :)  

"Enter His gate with thanksgiving and His courts with praise;  give thanks to Him and praise His Name!"  Psalm 100:4

Tomorrow night I may not post, depends on how far we make it NORTH . . . Homeward bound! :) 

They indulged me and let me take the annual "Sparkler picture" . . . this is AFTER Taya's dip in the lake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...