11/23/11

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

..... this day, where to begin . . . first of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR ASHLEY BETH . . . YOU ARE LOVED ♥ . . . more than you will EVER know!! ♥

... to say today was a "good" day, seems actually an understatement!  Since it's LATE and I'm tired, I'm going to do the "abbreviated version"

... today, I'm THANKFUL for:

  • the wonderful co-workers I have - even though I spent part of the day today working, it was not a task I didn't enjoy, simply because of the sweet person I was working with!
  • my wonderful friends - especially the 2 of you who I spent MUCH time on the phone with this afternoon and evening, thanks for LOVING Rick as you each did and for just being "here" for me!
  • my mom & dad - thanks for EVERYTHING - again! 
  • sweet friends who send sweet cards that bring tears (but the GOOD kind) to our eyes - thank you for the BEAUTIFUL words of your memories of Rick ♥ your words will be forever treasured♥
  • my in-laws . . . ALL OF YOU!! :) but, tonight, especially Tim & Rochet & Jeff & Norma!  We received lockets engraved with "Always in my Heart" with a picture of Rick inside and his name (or Daddy for the girls) on the back with 11/5/11 ♥ along with silver jewelry boxes with our names on them to keep the lockets in!  What a wonderful surprise and keepsake - you guys are AWESOME!!
  • my AWESOME kids - all FIVE of you and your spouses and the grandbabies! ♥ You all ROCK and you are ALL a BLESSING to me! ♥
  • our LORD who has PROMISED that I CAN lie down in PEACE and SLEEP because the LORD alone makes me to dwell in safety!
And, now, I'd best try to get some sleep as I'm cooking a turkey in the morning, and if it's not in the oven by 8:00, we won't be eating on time!! 

Romans 8:38-39

New International Version (NIV)
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...