11/18/11

...you are so strong . . .

...that was a phrase that has been said to me over and over and over the past 2 weeks, I felt like I was being put on a pedestal that I didn't belong on, so I posted the following on my facebook page...

‎...so, I (and the girls) have been "complimented" on our "strength" these past 11 days, and I need to make a disclaimer . . . WE are NOT strong (we are weak), HE is strong! . . . 2 Corinthians 12:9 says: "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." This morning, I was re-reading one of my FAVORITE passages, Psalm 139, specifically verses 13 - 16: "13) For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. 14) I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 15) My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 16) Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." SPECIFICALLY verse 16, read it AGAIN, "YOUR EYES SAW MY UNFORMED SUBSTANCE; IN YOUR BOOK WERE WRITTEN, EVERY ONE OF THEM, THE DAYS THAT WERE FORMED FOR ME, WHEN AS YET THERE WAS NONE OF THEM." It says, IN YOUR BOOK WERE WRITTEN, EVERY ONE OF THEM, THE DAYS THAT WERE FORMED FOR ME. That tells me, Rick's life, my life, your life is in GOD's almighty hand! We may not understand the why's, but HE doesn't ask us to, HE just asks us to TRUST in His LOVE for us . . . the LOVE that was deep enough to send HIS ONLY SON to die so that we may LIVE - eternally!! :) So, please don't think us STRONG, please see GOD's STRENGTH manifesting itself in and through us. And KNOW that we know that we will have bad days and good days, but even in this new road that we are travelling, though unwanted by us, GOD is with us, he NEVER SLEEPS, Psalm 121:1-3 "1) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2) My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. 3) He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber." HE did not slumber on November 5, and HE is not slumbering today . . . I WILL MAKE a CHOICE EACH DAY to trust in these truths . . . So please, those of you have been praying, keep on - it is upholding us and we truly covet those prayers! Those who don't "get it", please ask someone how you can KNOW that you KNOW that you KNOW when "every one of them, the days formed for you" comes to an end WHERE you will be going - for eternity (Rick DID!!)! :) That is my greatest prayer for every one of you, and I know it would be Rick's as well . . . PLEASE make sure you are there to have him greet you at the "pearly gates" when your time comes . . . . and we ALL now realize that that time can come with NO WARNING, and no second chances . . . thankfully Rick didn't need a second chance, he KNEW where he was headed and even if he COULD come back, after tasting Heaven's glory, he woudn't WANT to, no matter how much he loved us! ♥
I love each and every one of you who took the time to leave this, and ask you to please keep us in your prayers . . . for the days, weeks and months to come! Thank You! ♥

I do not understand the "strength" I have had, except to know that it HAS to be from the LORD, and I am thankful to HIM each and every minute of each and every day for extending his hand of grace and peace and mercy to me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...