6/2/12


...and i HOPE I sleep WELL as tomorrow, I RUN!!

I'm on a relay team that will complete a 36 mile run tomorrow.  There are 4 runners per team with each runner running 3 legs of approximately 3 miles each!  I didn't really plan to run the relay, I was just going to run the 5K race and was quite content with that.  I got "the call" this morning that there was a team that needed a runner, would I do it?  So, I said yes!  It is called the "Hope Memorial Relay" and it has a special place in my heart.  The race raises money for local cancer patients and was started my my good friend Jessy's family after her mom Barb lost her brave battle with breast cancer.  Jessy is the mom and Barb the grandma of my "other" daughter, Katie - who is Tessa's BEST FRIEND! ♥  I'm honored to be taking part in this event (and TOTALLY scared too - that's NINE miles of running if you didn't count!) 

I sure will miss having Rick there to cheer me on . . . but I know that really he is always in my heart, so part of him WILL be right there with me!

I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO GIVES ME STRENGTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...