1/26/12

♥ b.l.e.s.s.i.n.g.s. ♥

"...It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me in the midst of adverse circumstances.  In fact, My Light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark.  That kind of trust is supernatural;  a production of My indweling Spirit.  When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway."
...Jesus Calling

Today was another "normal" day.  I have nothing profound to say, except that GOD IS SO GOOD!  I had the blessing of my sister I never had {a.k.a. Donna Kay!} calling and telling me she was stopping to pick up lunch and coming to eat with me {baked potato soup from MUM's!}!  I had the blessing of a sweet message on Facebook from my new friend, Leah ♥ who I believe God very intentionally brought into my life!  I had another text from an out of town friend reminding me that she is praying for us daily ♥.  


Little blessings.  

Each of them put together to make a good day!  

God in human form!  

God's reminders that "when things seem all wrong, trust ME anyway".  I'm constantly reminded that I DID have a choice on November 5, and I honestly believe that I had to make that choice in an instant.  CHOOSE to believe/TRUST all I ever claimed to believe in, or CHOOSE to deny all of it.  I can't imagine how I would have survived the last {almost} three months if I'd chosen to deny.  Believing/Trusting has offered me a strength and a peace that cannot be explained in human terms.  It is TRUE that "that kind of trust is supernatural", "a production of HIS indwelling Spirit".

John 16:33 has come up so often since Rick's accident, that I think it will become one of my "life verses"!  It reads, "I have told you these things, so that in ME you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world"!

Yes, THIS is trouble.  Much bigger trouble than I ever thought I'd face at this point in my life.  I had many dreams of growing old with Rick.  I imagined our house full of the grown up kids and grand-kids.  I imagined someday taking our dream vacation to Alaska.  I imagined someday building our dream log home . . . I imagined so many things . . . and they all included me & Rick and many, many more years stretched ahead of us.  Yet, in God's wisdom, that was not meant to be.  So, though my dreams were shattered, my life and the kid's lives changed in that INSTANT, we continue to TRUST.  We do TAKE HEART.  We do have PEACE.  We don't pretend to understand.  We will always miss what "should have been".  We will stumble at times.  We will cry. But, we will also move forward.  We will love.  We will laugh.  We will cherish WONDERFUL memories.  We WILL take heart.  We KNOW the ONE who has overcome the world!  

We will look for BLESSINGS in every moment of every day! ♥

..."A faithful {woman} will abound with blessings."  Proverbs 28:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...