1/24/12

....Spiritual blessings come wrapped in trials...adverse circumstances are normal in a fallen world...expect them each day...rejoice in the face of hardship, for I have overcome the world!

That was part of my devo this morning.  I love waking up and reading God's promises to ME!  And I like that it is plain as you read through the Bible that we WILL face trials here on earth.  But, we KNOW the one who has OVERCOME all!

Today was another good day.  It was back to school/work.  First day of the 3rd quarter/2nd semester.  So much to do, especially after a day off yesterday!  The day pretty much flew by.  Other than the usual busy-ness of work, it was a fairly "normal" day again.  Those are coming more often.  That is good!

I have nothing MAJOR to share, except that tonight, I'm SO THANKFUL for Rick's family!  His brothers & sister-in-laws have been so good to me! Last night I Facebook "chatted" with one of them, and on the way home from getting groceries tonight, another of them called me.  I have been blessed!  Thank you "Ryes" for loving me so much and taking care of me and the girls!  I LOVE YOU!! ♥

One other quick note - a PROUD MAMA note . . . though this blog is pretty much my thoughts and feelings, I KNOW that in all of this, the girls have also had to determine WHERE their faith is rooted....Taya is doing a 100 day picture challenge on Facebook.  One of her first pictures was of "my best friend" . . . and she had a picture of JESUS . . . today was a picture of "your most prized possession" and she had a picture of her BIBLE! ♥ Ah, yes, I'm so glad that in the midst of this, the biggest storm that could rock their lives, my girls, too, are clinging to the only ONE who will see them through! ♥  I know that I fail them - sometimes many times daily, though they are my world and I love them with all my heart ♥ I'm doing the best to be what they need, but know that they desperately miss their Daddy each and every day - just as I do - so it is hard to fill their voids when my own is so great.  I'm so thankful that they have been taught to lean on Jesus and are putting their faith in Him, not me!  Thank you LORD for your faithfulness to us!

...Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thine Own Presence to cheer and to guide.  Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, blessings all mine with ten thousand beside.  Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness, morning by morning, new mercies I see.  All I have needed, thy hand hath provided.  Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...