1/17/12

Well, then, tonight, this about says it all!

Prayer changes everything.  Not that it will bring Rick back - but prayer will change my outlook - it will bring me to the Lord and keep my focus on HIM, where it belongs!

Don't be ANXIOUS, Pray instead.  A reminder I need OFTEN . . . though, less lately (the anxious part I mean is less - not the prayer part)!  I have come to the full realization that I'M NOT in control (quite the realization for a "control freak") . . . to the point that when my girls are talking about going to LIBERIA on a mission's trip, I'm trying to be encouraging - asking them the pro's and con's - trying to look at it from God's point of view, not MOM's!!  Before Rick's accident, I had said to them (and to Rick), you (the girls) are NOT going, Liberia is dangerous - but then, we learned, so is a roof-top in Wallace, isn't it?

If God is for us, who can be against us? That means even DEATH cannot be "against" us . . . ultimately God is FOR us - meaning, we HAVE to trust in HIS plan, HIS story for our lives - even when we don't understand and even when it means the death of one of the people we LOVED the BEST!

and finally . . . 

HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT - that says it ALL - I can't add to it!

We got a card in the mail today from a very special family . . . it read: 

"YOU'RE IN MY THOUGHTS"
When it seems
like everything
in your world is changing,
you can always
find comfort
in the simple
everyday things
that have
always been, 
and will
always be...

...Like the love
and support
of people who care.
We'll always be here
for you.

Really, THOSE are the things that MAKE MY DAY! :)  A card from good friends, an e-mail from a (too) far away friend, reminding me that no matter the distance, they are there for me, the comment on my blog from my "new" friend - who "gets me" because she is walking this same road as I am.  All gifts from God through the kindness of friends! ♥

THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE, LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.
Psalm 118:24


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...