1/14/12

f.r.i.d.a.y. the 13th . . .

The title of this post is probably deceiving.  To us, Friday the 13th is actually a good remembrance day! :)  Rick's favorite number was 13.  Nick likes it too.  And Ashley (and she DIDN'T KNOW her dad liked the number!)  Rick liked "13" just because "folk-lore" has it as unlucky - he considered it his "lucky" number - that and his knack for finding 4 leaf clovers!  He had me write "13" on his arrows before bow season (along with the "I love you" I always included).

My Friday the 13th started out thinking of Rickey.  Wait, every day starts that way!  Oh, well, in a fond, fun, silly memory kind of way!  Kajzi is battling a really stiff neck, so it was a long morning and she was miserable.  We went to the Dr. finally as I wanted to make sure it wasn't swollen glands or something else going on. It wasn't - and it actually has a couple of names, one of them being "Wry neck"!  Hee-hee - get it, Wry (RYE) neck.  O.K., Kajzi didn't find it as humorous and the Dr. and I did either!

Tonight she was feeling a little better and we headed to town to meet up with friends for movies.  The "kids" went to Beauty and the Beast 3D and us "big" girls went to Joyful Noise.  Both movies were enjoyed, and the trip home with Bobbi & Emmy was a great time of much needed laughter and silliness!

Tonight, I'm tired.  It was a long week.  I was more emotional than normal (dumb hormones, I think!).  The weekend is a welcome visitor.  I'm also thankful.  Thankful for the card in the mail. Thankful for precious memories. Thankful for my 3 sweet "little" girls.  Thankful for my 1 "big" girl who we are meeting for lunch tomorrow.  Thankful for my 1 "big" boy.  Thankful that Rick left such a LEGACY in his children!  Thankful for fun times with friends.  Thankful, oh, so thankful for LAUGHTER and that even though we are still in the midst of this storm, that laughter is a part of our every day.   Thankful for my Daddy who will be celebrating his Birthday tomorrow!  Thankful that my driveway was plowed today.  Thankful that I was able to get the decks shoveled today. . . Thankful for God's provision and love through another day!  Thankful that I can give thanks because I know Who holds the future and I know Who holds my hand!

"Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.  Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou are God."  Psalm 90


"Be willing to follow wherever I lead.  NO matter how steep or treacherous the path before you, the safes place to be is by My side!"  Jesus Calling devotional

2 comments:

  1. God bless and keep you as you travel on your journey, love in Christ, Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved last night! It felt good to laugh! I pray daily for you and the girls! I think this post was so great because you have legitimate negative things to complain about and gripe to God about, but you've chosen instead to do a whole list of the positives! What a great note to start your S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. on! Love you, Rye girls!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment to let me know you stopped by! ♥

So many changes ...

We like to tell people that we love Chattanooga so much we moved here twice! Since my last post in 2020, we spent eight months in Michigan...